BUSINESS PROCESSING OUTSOURCING SERVICES
Business process outsourcing ( BPO ) is the business practice of using expert
people or companies outside the main business area. BPO is when large companies
use call centres situated at any part of the world for providing the enquires
for the company. There are number of BPO applications within many companies.
It handles information technology, accounts and payroll.
Company can use BPO because of cost considerations or if they do not have the
experts to deal in certain areas. India is the best example to many call centres
for business around the world . by India companies can generate large profits.
BPO has become more a SMB fashion in US and UK.
Kind of BPO you can have ?
The use of call centre is attached by the companies to customer care,
telemarketing for product, Tele-banking, Direct marketing. Telephone banking
has led to call centres growth in the financial services sector, growth of
direct marketing has also added to the popularity of call centres as a means to
reach targeted customer basis.
A call centre with good data capture abilities represents a credible market
place system. A call centre is seen as a guide to the marketplace and a guide
to the client organization allowing call centre operation which could represent
business opportunities in future.
Work of all centre for an Organization
It gives large customer base to do business with
It allows customers easy access to experts
It promotes business round the clock and in any part of the world
It provides economical means of reaching customer group diversely
Setting up a call centre
Setting up of a call centre needs sufficient integration and management of
telecom and it infrastructure. The main feature constituting a call centre are
telecommunication link ( IPLC, E-Link ) call centre infrastructure ( hardware
in the form of LAN, headsets, Agents PCs) and requisite software (CRM)
Decision criteria : Some criterias to consider for your environment are
1. Operations : what operational environment you want to use for call support and hours of coverage are required
2. Technology : What infrastructure is required to meet the business goal ? solutions like CRM, CTI the web integration may be part of
3. Resource : Call centre staff and management technology, HR grow.
4. Cost : consider the cost of technology resources and ongoing maintenance and support
5. Core Competencies : Consider technology implementation, integration, development and management.
The infrastructure required for a call centre
- VOIP Router
- Required Bandwidth
- Sufficient number of work stations
- Predictive dialing
- Multilayer reporting tool
The software need to meet the above stated requirement
- Capability of an agent to call clients from a data base through a web-client.
- Setup a auto dial and send live calls to available agents
- Display a script for the agent to read with fields like name, address etc filled in
- Dial on a single campaign through multiples servers or multiple campaigns on a single server
- Ability to transfer calls with customer data to a closer on the local system or a remote server
- To open a custom web page with user data from the call per campaign
- Ability to send a dropped call to a Voice-Mail box per campaign if no agent is available.
- To set Outbound caller ID per campaign
- Able to start and stop recording an agents calls at any time.
- Automatically record all calls
- Able to call up to two other customer numbers for the same lead
- Faster dispositioning of calls with agent key finding ( Hot Keys)
- To use custom data base queries in campaign dialing
- Recycling of busy calls at a interval without resetting a list
- dialing with answering machine detection also playing a message for AM calls
- Several Real-Time and summary reports available
- Real-Time campaign display screens
- Third Party conferencing
- Third Party blind call transfer
- Third Party conferencing with agents drop off
- Ability for Managers to listen-in on agent conversation
- Web-based administration
Required components :
- Server with Zap(T1/E1/PSTN), IAX or SIP trunks
- SIP/IAX/Zap phones(hard or soft single-line or multiple)
- Client Computer with Firefox or other compatible web browser installed
- Server with proper software installed
- astGUIclient ( Asterisk based) must be installed with the Central Queue System(CQS) running
This system is dependant on a MySQL server acting as the storage place of all
data and settings for the system. This was done so that it would be very
scalable and flexible. This application draws on a lot of the core scripting
inside of the astGUIclient suite of applications and was built with flexibility
in mind. We have used Our Predictive Dialer for over two years now on up to
50 seats at once across 2 separate servers all using the same MySQL server and
dialing on the same campaign.